- JHPD Status
- Accountability Board
- 2019 Legislation and Resources
- Events and Livestreams
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Crime Data
- Interim Study Report
- Archives from 2018 Legislative Session
- Compliance & Crime Stats
- LiveSafe App
- Emergency Response Guides
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Behavioral Health Team
- Student Advisory Committee
We care about your safety. Follow these tips to remain safe when taking advantage of Baltimore’s public transit.
- If possible use well-lighted, busy stops.
- Stay alert! Do not leave yourself noticeably vulnerable to theft by dozing off.
- A crowded bus is an environment for pickpockets. Carry your wallet in an inside coat pocket or a front pants pocket. Carry your bag closely, not dangling from its strap.
- Take a seat near the driver if another passenger is bothering you.
- If someone harasses you on a bus or subway, do not be embarrassed to shout, “Leave me alone!”
- Watch who exits with you. If you feel uneasy, walk directly to a place where there are other people.
- If something or someone at your intended stop raises your concern about personal safety, wait until the next stop to get off.