- JHPD Status
- Accountability Board
- 2019 Legislation and Resources
- Events and Livestreams
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Crime Data
- Interim Study Report
- Archives from 2018 Legislative Session
- Compliance & Crime Stats
- LiveSafe App
- Emergency Response Guides
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Behavioral Health Team
- Student Advisory Committee
We care about your safety. Follow these tips to remain safe when traveling to or from campus by car.
- Keep your car in good running condition. Make sure there’s enough gas to get where you’re going and back.
- Have your keys ready before getting into your vehicle. Lock the doors immediately upon entering your vehicle.
- Always roll up the windows and lock car doors, even if you’re coming right back. Check inside and out before getting in your car.
- Avoid parking in isolated areas. Be especially alert in parking lots and underground parking garages. Park in well-lit areas.
- If you think someone is following you home, drive to the nearest police or fire station, gas station, or other open business to get help.
- If your vehicle breaks down, call for help on the cellphone, lock all windows and doors on the vehicle, and don’t open the vehicle for anyone until help arrives.
- Never leave your credit cards or other important papers in the glove department. Never leave any objects in plain view. Lock all valuables in the trunk.
- Do not mark your key chain with your name, address, and license number. Lost keys can lead a thief to your car or home.
- Do not leave your house and car keys together with an attendant at a public parking lot. Your house key can be quickly duplicated and your address obtained from your plate number.
- Use the “Club” or other auto theft prevention tools.
- Never pick up hitchhikers.