Read the position profile for the Vice President for Public Safety
Johns Hopkins University is conducting a national search for vice president for Public Safety to lead the security and safety operations of the university and health system enterprise.
A Search Committee of community, student, faculty, and staff representatives will vet candidates for the role of VP for Public Safety, who will lead the university and health system’s vast security and public safety operation.With more than 1,200 personnel, the Johns Hopkins safety and security operation serves the Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health System and its 57,000 employees, 24,000 students, and more than 111,000 annual inpatient admissions, as well as nearby neighbors across academic, medical, and administrative locations throughout Baltimore City and other locations in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Florida and internationally. The VP must be an experienced, proven, and strategic operational and organizational leader, with unimpeachable integrity, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a dedication to serving others.
- Search Committee Convenes with New Co-chairs, members
- Candidate Interviews
- Finalist Candidate Interviews
- Final Appointment/Selection
A search committee comprised of community leaders, faculty, staff, health system representatives and students is charged with finding an engaging leader and community partner to evolve the institution’s safety operation.
- Ozioma Anyanwu, Undergraduate student, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, Johns Hopkins University; President, Black Student Union
- Kerry Ates, Vice President & Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Johns Hopkins University
- Zach Enumah, Fellow/Johns Hopkins Hospital Assistant Resident
- Jonathan Flombaum, Associate Professor, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
- Emerald Jenkins, Graduate student, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Regina Hammond, President, Rebuild Johnston Square
- Jeanne D. Hitchcock, Special Advisor to the Vice President for Local Government, Community & Corporate Affairs, Johns Hopkins University & Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Cheryl Koch, Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Mary Miller, Interim Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration, Johns Hopkins University
- Dana Moore, Charles Village resident & community leader
- Sarah O’Hagan, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Samuel T. Redd, Director, Operation P.U.L.S.E.
- Kevin Shollenberger, Vice Provost for Student Health & Well-being, Johns Hopkins University
- Calvin Smith, Director of Student Leadership & Involvement, Johns Hopkins University
- April Taylor, Vice President, Quality, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Cynthia Walters, Senior Director, Hospital Capacity Management & Emergency Nursing Services, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard Woolley, Trustee, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Search Committee Co-Chairs
- Jonathan Efron (co-chair), Professor of Surgery, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University; Surgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Paul Pineau (co-chair), Vice President & General Counsel, Johns Hopkins University
Members of the Johns Hopkins community are encouraged to share thoughts and/or questions with the search committee through our feedback form below.